Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Gashed Legs update

Just in case you haven't read my earlier posts about the leg surgeries I had this summer (and according to SiteMeter, you haven't) hit the link above or scroll down to see what I'm talking about. That, by the way, is my right calf below. Pretty, hey? I was getting a dressing change and asked the nurse to snap a shot for me.


Its been several months now and I've been running without problems. The day my surgeon told me that I could start running I took that to mean I could run around playing rugby and so I did. I whored in for the Wisconsin Rugby Club playing a B-side match and had a great time that very weekend. Of course I was in woeful shape and spent much of the game huffing and puffing as if I were about to croak. I made a few little guys regret attempting to tackle me so the game wasn't without happiness. I'm up to two miles every other night now. That doesn't sound like much but in this brutal Wisconsin winter its more than enough. Once I can run those two miles in a reasonable time I'll start increasing my mileage. If all goes well I should be in much better shape for next year's rugby season. Then those little guys should beware. I'll be able to run them over TWICE each game.

No comments: