Monday, March 17, 2008

Irony, defined

After a real-world road test in Europe driving ". . . just over 200 miles of autoroute, about 200 miles of B roads, including winding ascents and descents in Switzerland, and 100 miles of urban driving," a head-to-head competetion between a BMW 520d and Prius ended thusly:
BMer guy: ". . . I had averaged more than 50mpg."
Prius guy: "For all my defensive driving, slippery bodywork and hybrid
technology, my average fuel consumption was 48.1mpg. I’d lost to a Beemer and I
was disappointed; I had never driven so slowly or carefully for so long in my
life."

The Prius is a wonderful car, depending upon what you need and what you plan to do with it. Sadly enough, just like in real life, good at one thing doesn't necessarily equate to good at another.

No comments: