Monday, May 26, 2008

Drinking the Kool-Aid, redux


As I've said before, I've always thought that Apple Fan boys are drinking a little too much of the Kool-Aid. I can understand now how unlikely addictions begin. First I bought a 30-GB iPod, which I promptly broke. Replaced under warranty I soon lost it. After stomping around the house for two weeks my wife told me to just buy another and quit bugging her. Less than a week later I found the lost iPod and I gave it to the wife. As a present, you see. It ran out of space eventually so I bought an 80-GB Classic and gave the old 30-GB to the son. I of course confiscated his 2-GB Nano so I could use it at the gym. I'm no fool. Then my daughter's birthday came and she was pouting about how everyone else has cellphones and iPods, and she will never, ever, get either one. The summary is that my little family now has five iPods. Who's drinking the Kool-Aid now?

No comments: