Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Here's what isn't new: my computer.  My old clunker of three years wanted to gamely struggle on, but I clearly needed to go in a different direction.  So I got a mid-ranged gaming computer in the hopes of fending off obsolescence a bit longer during this laptop ownership cycle.  Asus G751JT, beautiful.  Huge, but in a BBW sort of way, not a what-I-look-like sort of way.  Only one problem.  The A key doesn't always spawn "A"s as it should.  Kind of a failure to launch sort of situation.  It has to go back and then I'll be back with my old Acer, for all the world like going back to that loony old girlfriend knowing it can't last, and that I wouldn't want it to.  It's just that I'll be lonely until Penelope comes back from the fixer.  Oh, I've named my new laptop after Odysseus' wife, Penelope...always faithful and reliable.  I suppose even she had a sick day or two.  Until then...ugh.  I'll make do.

No comments: